Culture Meets Elegance | Developing a personal brand

 I thought that creating a personal brand was something arrogant people do. This summer, when I moved into our new Oak Harbor home and had to start decorating, a light bulb turned on. Decided to create three words that would describe my decorating and style, 'elegant', 'French country' and my business creating science and history curriculum on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. So I used the word 'anthropology'. Then I gave Bing AI the following prompt, "use these three words to create a brand for me."

  1. Brand Name: “L’Étude”

    • Meaning: “The Study” in French.
    • Concept: This brand embodies the elegance of French country living while celebrating the curiosity and exploration of an anthropologist. It’s a blend of refined aesthetics and intellectual curiosity.
    • Tagline: “Where Culture Meets Elegance.”
  2. Visual Identity:

    • Logo: A stylized quill pen (symbolizing study and exploration) intertwined with delicate vines or floral motifs (representing French country charm).
    • Color Palette: Soft pastels (like lavender, sage green, and pale blue) combined with warm neutrals (beige, ivory, and taupe).
    • Typography: Classic serif fonts for sophistication, paired with handwritten script for a personal touch.
  3. Product Line:

    • Home Decor: Curated pieces inspired by French countryside living – rustic ceramics, linen textiles, and vintage-inspired furniture.
    • Fashion: Timeless clothing with a touch of whimsy – think flowy dresses, embroidered blouses, and straw hats.
    • Beauty: Natural skincare and fragrances inspired by botanicals found in French gardens.
    • Books & Journals: Thoughtfully curated books on culture, history, and anthropology.
  4. Marketing Approach:

    • Content: Regular blog posts exploring cultural traditions, historical anecdotes, and anthropological insights.
    • Social Media: Share behind-the-scenes glimpses of product sourcing, interviews with artisans, and travel experiences.
    • Events: Host workshops on French cooking, wine tasting, and storytelling.

    Well, simply put I am not going to jump into home furnishings any time this soon. All of my attention needs to be on creating new curriculum, and building Anthropologist in Heels. Instead, I would like to use these prompt suggestions to help me decorate my house. 

    So I put in a new prompt, "recreate the product line", but then I included a few other things I want in my home which are a nod to Mexico where I lived for two years, Italy because I studied the language, France is my second language. But above all, I believe a home should always be as elegant and perfect as we can make one. The home is one's refuge from all the ugliness of the world. 

    So this is what AI gives me a list of things for our home:

    1. Parisian Elegance Wall Art:

      • Vintage-style framed prints of iconic French cinema posters – think “Breathless” or “Jules and Jim.”
      • Neutral-toned frames to complement any wall color.
    2. Italian Leather Accent Chair:

      • A buttery-soft leather armchair with clean lines.
      • Inspired by Italian craftsmanship and New York loft aesthetics.
    3. French Country Linen Throw Pillows:

      • Embroidered linen pillows featuring delicate floral motifs.
      • Soft pastels like lavender, sage green, and pale blue.
    4. Mexican Talavera Ceramic Vases:

      • Hand-painted vases with vibrant patterns.
      • Perfect for displaying fresh flowers or dried botanicals.
    5. Anthropological Curiosities Shelf:

      • A rustic wooden shelf adorned with tribal masks, antique globes, and vintage books.
      • Each item tells a cultural story.
    6. Natural Finish Coffee Table:

      • A reclaimed wood coffee table with a distressed look.
      • Ideal for showcasing travel souvenirs or coffee table books.
    7. New York City Skyline Wall Decal:

      • A minimalist silhouette of the NYC skyline.
      • Easy to apply and remove, perfect for renters.
    8. French Cinema Candle Holders:

      • Candlesticks inspired by classic French films.
      • Pair them with unscented candles for an elegant touch.

       

      Finally - I told AI to make a realistic image of my living room. 





       Then, I asked AI to make image of my kitchen:


     





     It is going to be a lot of fun doing this. Now I am going to ask AI to design my bedroom. 








     Finally, I typed "using the same color palette and themes, create my garden." At first, it only changed the picture in the bedroom. 

Then I tried again, this time I was clear that I want an actual garden. 


 



 At this point I hit the AI reset button. There is no way in hell my backyard is going to look like something that belongs on a supermarket romance novel. 



 

Too Alice in Wonderland? I asked AI to add a swimming pool and some art deco style. 






Comments

Popular Posts