The Timeless Elegant Sophisticated Bedroom

 I've really been inspired by the late Babe Paley, especially after watching the Netflix documentary Feud, about the treacherous Truman Capote. It utterly sickens me how Truman could betray his closest friend, especially someone who loved him the way she did. 

Babe Paley may have been a trophy wife, but she was elegant and magnificent in her own right. She may in fact end up on my wall of elegance, which already includes Joan Crawford. 

Anyway, first I make a prompt for AI to create some bedroom scenes for me. The prompt is, "Create an image of a bedroom that is Timeless, Sophisticated, Elegant. The primary colors are nude, white, champagne, light blue with a touch of pink. There must be one copper pot, one suzani throw pillow, one Chinese vase, a bed, footrest, side table, and bookshelf. Do include book stands on the bookshelf. "





I resubmitted the command and changed only one thing, "Create an image of a bedroom that is Timeless, Sophisticated, Elegant. The primary colors are nude, white, champagne, light blue with a touch of pink. There must be Classic pieces like the Eames Lounge Chair or the Barcelona Chair exemplify the perfect blend of form and function. Include one small copper pot, one suzani throw pillow, one Chinese vase, a bed, footrest, side table, and bookshelf. Do include book stands on the bookshelf."




We can see the chairs in the prompt did elevate the room, and I have to agree those chairs certainly are nice. Then I modified the prompt, making many changes. I like the Eames Lounge Chair, it is great it should stay. I've started learning a few things about painting, and added dark and burnt sienna to our color palette.

"Create an image of a bedroom that is French Country meets art Deco, do make it Timeless, Sophisticated, Elegant. The primary colors are nude, white, dark sienna, burnt sienna, green with a touch of blue. There must be Classic pieces like the Eames Lounge Chair. Include one wall mirror, small central Asian copper pot, one Suzani throw pillow, one floral print Chinese vase, a bed, french country side table, and bookshelf. Do include a bookshelf, philosopher statue, jewelry box and silk scarf."





Clearly I cannot use the words 'color palette' in the prompt, so we will try again. "Create an image of a bedroom that is French Country meets art Deco, do make it Timeless, Sophisticated, Elegant. The furnishings are nude, white, dark sienna, burnt sienna, green with a touch of blue. There must be Classic pieces like the Eames Lounge Chair. Include one wall mirror, small central Asian copper pot, one Suzani throw pillow, one floral print Chinese vase, a bed, french country side table, and bookshelf. Do include a bookshelf, philosopher statue, jewelry box and silk scarf."



 Everything was starting to look the same, so I spiced up the prompt. "Create an image of a bedroom that is Italian Country meets art Deco, do make it Timeless, Sophisticated, Elegant. The walls are dark blue. There must be Classic pieces like the Eames Lounge Chair. Include one wall mirror, small central Asian copper pot, italian tiles, one Suzani throw pillow, one floral print Chinese vase, a bed, french country side table, and bookshelf. Do include a bookshelf, philosopher statue, jewelry box with pearls and a Versace silk scarf."



 


Well, maybe I should take a closer look at what a 17th century Hungarian bedroom would look like, presuming it is the bedroom of nobility. Please overlook the fact that AI put electric lamps in the 17th century bedroom. 




Then I reconfigured the post, and told it to use furnishings from this website: https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/origin/hungarian/ to create the bedroom. This is what it gave me:




Then we did the same here: https://www.anticstore.art/mobilier/antique-furniture/17th-century



Then I asked for a combination between 17th century France and 17th century Hungary. 




I think it still looks more French than Hungarian, so I prompted AI to give a more Hungarian feel to the room.




The beds are looking more Hungarian, I think we are getting closer to the feel that I am looking for. The structure of the bed is more to my liking because it feels more Eastern European. So I went back and added a French fleur de lis fabric. 




Oh creating a bedroom with AI is a rabbit hole for sure....






Add a touch of Pompeii to my bedroom....







 


Comments

Popular Posts