how to design your living room using AI

I purchased a charming Chesterfield-inspired sofa from Warfare, which is now beautifully assembled in the great room. Reflecting on my original brand words—Elegant, Timeless, Sophisticated, French Country, with a touch of New York City, a hint of Texas with a dash of Anthropology and extinct animals—I asked AI to suggest something that would complement the sofa. We already have a French country square, concave coffee table that strongly conveys the French country style, so I feel adding more of that element isn't necessary.

The sofa's classic design features traditional elements like deep button tufting, scrolled tuxedo arms, and nailhead accents, which formalize the living area. To balance this formality, I plan to introduce some large, comfortable pillows to add a touch of informality to the space.

The space needs additional furniture, so the question is, what should I be looking for? 

Velvet Loveseats or Armchairs: Velvet-upholstered loveseats or armchairs in colors like olive green, navy blue, or teal can enhance the plush texture of the Chesterfield's tufted design while adding comfort to the space.

Leather Accent Chairs: Brown or cognac leather chairs introduce a touch of contrast and sophistication. Seek out well-crafted leather chairs with elegant lines and details to elevate the room's aesthetic.

Side Tables: Choose sleek, minimalist designs to maintain the sofa’s clean lines, or opt for bold statement pieces with unique shapes or materials to add visual interest.

Rugs and Throws: Layering rugs and incorporating cozy throws can enhance the overall look and comfort. Natural fibers or textured materials will complement the French country style.

Floor Lamps or Table Lamps: Lighting plays a crucial role in creating ambiance. Look for lamps with elegant bases and shades that align with your brand's elegant, timeless, and sophisticated theme.

Room divider to hide cords, or ugly bits we don't want people to see. 

I admit that having a leather piece of furniture in my home bothers me because I am bothered by the fact that it is a dead animals skin. On moral grounds, it bothers me. As much as I hate saying it, I think one leather chair is going to look very good in the space. Rugs and throws no not work for me because we take them when we move, and they have to be selected for a specific space. We live in military housing, which is nice and comfortable, but it isn't our forever home.  

I summarized all this into one image created by Dalle (not Bing AI):


 So here is the next thing I did, I absolutely love the image and told Dalle to create me a bedroom using the same key terms and prompts.

I have to admit, I am getting some very good ideas about how to decorate my living room. 






The sofa's classic design features traditional elements like deep button tufting, scrolled tuxedo arms, and nailhead accents, which formalize the living area. To balance this formality, the living room has a deep velvet chair and a leather chair. I wanted an art deco touch but I am not sure it is working. 




Comments

Popular Posts